This site will serve as an entry point for information about activities and information related to the Intelligent Systems for Geosciences community (IS-GEO).
Content will be changing quickly in the coming months. Please check back soon to see updates and new resources.
A good place to start learning more about IS-GEO efforts is to begin by reading the following two documents:
- The recently funded IS-GEO Research Coordination Network has a set of primary goals (Linked RCN Proposal Description & Objectives):
- Foster and Grow a Community across IS and GEO (setup EarthCube WG, link to other activities like CI)
- Identify barriers to research and establish mechanisms to overcome them (organize workshops)
- Establish and enhance communication channels between GEO and IS researchers (set up web site and other communication channels)
- Identify Grand Challenges for an IS-GEO Research Vision
- Encourage robust, long-term collaborations between GEO and IS researchers (establish working groups and other activities)
- IS-GEO report from the 2015 Workshop