This page groups all the materials and resources produced by the IS-GEO RCN. If you are interested in:
- Software used by both intelligent systems and geosciences researchers, check out the software catalog page
- The types of data used by geoscientists in the IS-GEO RCN, check the data catalog page
- Learning more about IS-GEO topics, check out the research presentation page
- Finding content and curricular support for teaching IS-GEO topics in a course, check out the IS-GEO EDU knowledge base
- The materials and resources that resulted from the IS-GEO 2015 workshop can be found here.
Below you can find a list of the IS-GEO contributions to different events:
- Oral session at the American Geophysical Union (AGU) Fall Meeting on December 17, 2015 in San Francisco (https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm15/preliminaryview.cgi/Session8922) titled “Intelligent Systems Theory and Application in Geoscience”, convened by Suzanne Pierce and Sai Ravela, with oral presentations from Pierre Lermusiaux, Shanan Peters, Victor Pankratius, Sai Ravela, Suzanne Pierce, Eva Zanzerkia, and Mike Seablom among others.
- Poster session at the American Geophysical Union (AGU) Fall Meeting on December 18, 2015 in San Francisco (https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm15/meetingapp.cgi/Session/10485) titled “Informatics and Intelligent Systems in Reproducible Geoscience Research”, convened by Suzanne Pierce and Sai Ravela, with sixteen presentations
- Oral presentation at the Geological Society of America (GSA) meeting on November 4, 2015 in Baltimore (https://gsa.confex.com/gsa/2015AM/webprogram/Paper270375.html) titled “Combining Knowledge in Intelligent Systems with Geosciences to Explore an Emerging Set of Research Opportunities” by Suzanne Pierce, Basil Tikoff, and Yolanda Gil (post the slides as well)
- Sessions at the Climate Informatics Workshop on September 24-25, 2015 (https://www2.cisl.ucar.edu/events/ci2015), including an invited talk by Imme Ebert-Uphofftitled “Knowledge discovery in climate science”, an invited talk by Yolanda Gil titled “Intelligent Systems for Climate Research: When Will Deep Learners Meet Deep Knowledge?”, and a panel on the topic “Encoding climate knowledge into climate learning”.
- Workshop on “Capturing Scientific Knowledge” at the ACM International Conference on Knowledge Capture on October 7, 2015 in Palisades NY (http://www.isi.edu/ikcap/sciknow2015/), organized by Imme Ebert-Uphoff and Yolanda Gil, including a joint paper titled “Exploring Synergies between Machine Learning and Knowledge Representation to Capture Scientific Knowledge”
- Poster about the IS-GEO workshop presented at the EarthCube All Hands Meeting in June 2015 titled “Intelligent Systems for Geosciences: Ongoing Work and Future Research Opportunities” presented by Suzanne Pierce, Yolanda Gil, Shanan Peters, Sai Ravela, and Basil Tikoff (http://earthcube.org/forum/poster-submission/intelligent-systems-geosciences-ongoing-work-future-research-opportunities)