The IS-GEO community hosts a monthly technical research presentation series where members of the community share the latest updates to cutting edge results, discuss a technical challenge with the group to brainstorm solutions, and explore topics of interest to people who may be just starting to learn about IS-GEO as a field of study.
Video and audio recordings are shared on this website as they are completed. You can watch the archived presentations using the links in the table below.
Interested in watching the presentations live? Join the is-geolistserv to get notifications for the teleconference calls and audio/video links!
Next monthly meeting:
- August 7th, 2018 2:00 PM CT, incl.
Expert Presentation on Aug 7:
- Elizabeth Bradley, CU Boulder. Title: TBA.
How to connect to the monthly meeting:
- Teleconference calls are hosted using Zoom links. Access to the connection information is available by signing up to the IS-GEO listserv
Upcoming Call Dates and Tentative Presentations:
- September 11th 2018 – Kristie L. Ebi [Title to be announced]
Previous Presentations (video recordings to come soon):
- June 2018: AI for Earth – Lucas Joppa. Microsoft Research
- May 2018: Zero-knowledge Spatio-temporal Inference, Modeling & Prediction – Ishanu Chattopadhyay
- April 2018: Causality 101 for Geoscientists – Imme Ebert-Uphoff
- March 2018: Constructing Scenarios Using Science Fiction Prototyping – Pat Keys
- February 2018: The National Map as Linked Data – Krzysztof Janowicz
- Dec 2017: FAIR Data – Douglas Fils
- November 2017: Computer-Aided Discovery – Victor Pankratius
Previous presentations – (click on links to watch video recordings of talks):
- Sep 2017: Geoinformatics for Paleoscience – Julien Emile-Geay
- Aug 2017: Mining Mars Observation Targets – Kiri L. Wagstaff
- June 2017: Data and Models of Geosystems – Mary Hill
- May 2017: Simplifying the Reuse of Datasets & Models – Scott Peckham
- Apr 2017: AI for Extreme Event Reslience – Ibrahim Demir
- March 2017: Theory-guided Data Science – Anuj Karpatne & Vipin Kumar